Thursday, November 20, 2008

....and we have a baby kidney stone! WOOHOO!!!


Yep....you are looking at a picture of some actual kidney stones - exciting eh?
Amazing something so small could cause so much problem for both Dad & I.
They are really quite nasty and ominous looking in my opinion.
Just had to share a pic of these nasty lil buggers.......Enough of that!

So Dad is still in the hospital but all is definitely going well. He passed what looked like several pieces of one stone or several small stones. The surgeon really believes that all the symptoms he had were related to the stone. He has been advanced in his diet and I assume if all goes well, should probably be home in the next day or two. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally am feeling like a human being again for the first time in about two weeks. I started using an abdominal binder to help with the hernia (it's quite the fashion statement, I must say)
I have the weekend to get my strength back and then off to work for me on Monday.
To be honest, I really missed working and my co-workers. I feel blessed to work with a few really great people (you know who you are!)

NOW LET'S GET BACK TO THE BUSINESS OF BABY-MAKING!!!!

In a small way, I did decide to jump back on the "baby train" again. Being the person I am, I had to google "Hernia + TTC" to see what came up. Judging from everything I found, there does not seem to be any added problem in trying to conceive if you have a hernia. Additionally it does not seem to cause further problems if you do indeed get pregnant. So that was really good news. I ended up re-scheduling the pelvic MRI - had to wait til Dec. 9th (first they had) I figure another cycle without it won't hurt.

Today is CD6 and just waiting to start my ovulation test strips. WOOHOO!!! something to pee on - I can't wait. If I end up ovulating around the time I normally do in my cycle, it should be on Thanksgiving day. It would certainly give new meaning to "having a bun in my oven" if I got preggers. Hard to think about "baby-dancing" on Thanksgiving though - especially after eating all that turkey! Jim and I would both be snoring before we had our clothes off! LOL!

So that' s todays news and thanks again to all who are following. I just keep trudging along!
HUGS and STUFF!!!

No comments: