Monday, December 22, 2008

Frosty the Snow Jew............................



Admit it....you would love to be driving by and see this in someone's yard!!! I guess I never realized that Frosty the Snowman was Jewish - who woulda' thunk? Anyhoo - I don't know about you all out there in warmer weather land but here in Lake effect central - we are hammered with snow.

It all started last night on our ride back from our Hannukah celebration. It was absolutely the most nerve-wracking ride we have ever had. The snow was coming down quickly but the wind made it nearly impossible to see even 100 yrds in front of the car. It was a long trip to say the least. We made it home safely but it never stopped snowing all night. This morning there had to be at least 8 inches on the ground and it was still coming down like crazy. The wind is still pretty bad too, so there are huge drifts everywhere. The windchill is around 10 degrees below zero - so I am NOT happy! I don't mind the snow so much as the bitter cold.

I am betting there are loads of my non-Jewish friends out there who are absolutely THRILLED by all the snow right before Christmas. I try and understand when they tell me...."but Jenn...it's so pretty to have a white Christmas" I say "ttthhhhppppppptttttttttttttt!!!" I still hate the snow and would be much happier in a sunny, grass covered environment to celebrate the holidays! In any case, it seems that since all this snow seemed to arrive just in time for the first
night of HANNUKAH, I have to wonder if it's payback for all my "secret non-snow wishes"
Interesting conspiracy theory I think!

I have to laugh this morning. I was supposed to head out for that pesky pelvic MRI that my fertility doc ordered a month ago. This will be the third attempt at this test that has been foiled.
Twice by the weather and once by my kidney stone. I am really beginning to wonder if God is trying to tell me something. In any case, I called to cancel the appt. this morning and was able to get it rescheduled closer to home (in Ashtabula) for this wednesday at 1pm. I will have to leave work for an hour but I want to get this thing done before the end of the year.
Today is CD9 and I am just waiting to start testing with my ovulation strips. Nothing like having peestrips to play with for Hannukah!!!!!

Oh - and while we are on the topic of Hannukah - I got my first present from my darling husband last night - it was the most wonderful set of flannel "monkey PJ's". I love them! The whole monkey theme is a topic for another blog day! I promise to share at some point.
I gave hubby the new Guns N Roses CD that he wanted (completely rolling my eyes here)
He was a very happy camper.

I am off to get myself ready to head out in this mess - gotta work this afternoon. Will post soon with updates. HUGS and SMOOCHES!!

No comments: