Thursday, April 23, 2009

Such a big girl!!!!!!!!


OUR LITTLE ESCAPE ARTIST


So here is the next update on our little fur baby ZOEY:

She is officially a "big girl" - she has managed to tackle litter training like a champ!!!
We are so very proud of her - this is a big accomplishment for a 6 week old.

I was really getting a bit worried earlier this week when she really hadn't eaten much of her hard food. I totally caved and went and got her some soft canned food which she proceeded to devour!
Now...let me paint the picture of her eating....it's hilarious!

She now knows the sound of the can being opened which prompts her to immediately start crying like crazy. Once the food is in her dish she comes flying over to start eating.
Now remember that she still has a pretty nasty upper respiratory infection which is making her completely congested and snotty! She is slightly wheezy and sneezing as well.

She starts eating and all the while is wheezing, sneezing, snarfing and such.
She starts to get really happy while she is eating and begins to purr also.
Then to top it all off.......she adds in some semi-meow sounds as she is chomping away.

It is a combination of the most hilarious and pathetic thing you have ever seen or heard!!

It has me in stitches every time she does it!


I had a small epiphany this week ....
It started after I took her to the vet for her infection
It creeped in when I got up in the middle of the night to her cries
It continued when I went out to get her the canned food when she wouldn't eat
It progressed when I jumped up and down clapping like a fool when she used her litter box
It got clearer when I gave her medicine twice a day
It became evident when I cleaned her tushie for

You get the idea.......I am a MOM - a good MOM

Not a mom to our "Baby Barnhouse" but a MOM nonetheless!

Maybe God wants me to practice up a bit....at least that's what I am thinking for now!
Maybe this is a sign of good things to come.

I sure hope so but for now I am going to believe that our little ZOEY is part of the bigger plan.

In the meantime....I am thrilled to be a "real mom" for a change.
Love every worried, sick, stinky, excited moment of it!

MOOD REPORT:

9 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

I can just picture her eating her food! Too cute! I can't even begin to tell you how much I love your attitude and your out look on everything! You ALWAYS make me smile!
*HUGS*

Serendipity said...

your fur-baby sounds adorable, I can really picture her excitement at food and noisy eating.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Beautiful Mess, you have the best attitude. AND, you are a GREAT MAMA!! =)

Beautiful Mess said...

In response to your comment on my blog about you Coach purse....Did you want me address so you can send it to me ;o) I want to see a picture of your beautiful purse! I love Coach! I would love to buy more, but my husband said something about bills, I wasn't really paying attention. I stopped listening after he said "no"...lol
Have a GREAT Friday!
Love ya back!

Mr. Shelby said...

I love it! Our cats just meow loudly at us until we feed them, but I could totally hear the little mews while eating.

Mr. Shelby (from iclw)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely you're a mommy! And it sounds like a fantastic one! Even if you didn't have your furbaby, just the work of IF treatments is the love that mommy gives to their yet-to-be babies.

Celia said...

That is precious. One of our cats is very tiny but the LOUDEST water drinker. It is so funny listening to her slurp.

Alana said...

She sounds adorable!

And YES, you sound like a wonderful Mommy! :)

Beautiful Mess said...

The Cleveland game is on! Are you watching it?!