Monday, March 2, 2009

Show & Tell..Not a baby belly....

Morning all- I am trying something new outside my comfort zone today - One of my favorite blogs that I follow daily is Stirrup Queens and Sperm Palace Jesters .
The writer of this Blog Mel does a weekly thing called - Show and Tell where everyone who blogs can show off something to others and in turn you can look at a lot of other blogs to see what they are sharing in return. This is a great way to network and to share with others going through infertility issues as well.

So for Show and Tell today I am going to share a few pics of this lovely hernia of mine that is going to be repaired on Wednesday.
Yes it may be a bit weird but hey C'mon - it's me we are talking about!

I made the surprising discovery that when I was trying to photograph it - it looked amazingly similar to what a baby belly might look like. (ironic don't ya think?)
Sorry for the poor quality of the pics but it is pretty hard to photograph your self in the mirror and get the lighting right!!!
Just for landmark sake - it is located just beneath my breasts right along the incision line.


So there you have it folks... isn't is pretty? Although it is a bit on the twisted side, my mind could not help but think about what it would be like if that was our baby causing all that pooching! But alas that is NOT the case. If that were a bit lower and the result of a "Baby Barnhouse" growing in my "roomy uterus" I would be thrilled.
So there you have it - scars, stretch marks and all!!!
Can't wait to see what it will look like after the hernia repair surgery!!!!

MOOD REPORT:

That's all she wrote folks!!!!
Enjoy your day!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I hope the surgical repair of your hernia goes smoothly and you recover without a problem.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Best of luck with the surgery!

Beautiful Mess said...

Welcome to Show and Tell! Good luck with your surgery tomorrow! My lil sis had a cyst on one of her ovaries and named it and had the doc take a pic of it and we put it on the fridge. We named him "Cystopher", so I TOTALLY get your sense of humor and I love it! Sending you hugs and good vibes!

Anonymous said...

great show and tell. good luck with the surgery

..al said...

Wishing you a healthy recovery! Hoping for good things coming your way!

JB - A.K.A. Jenn said...

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and sent me well wishes! You are all the best!!!