Sunday, March 29, 2009

Show & Tell - March 29, 2009



Here we are again....time for everyone's favorite past time....
SHOW AND TELL a la MEL


Want to see what the rest of class is showing?
Pop on over to STIRRUP QUEENS - you won't be disappointed - I PROMISE!!!

I always manage to forget that Show & Tell starts on Saturday night....and since I posted twice yesterday I felt that waiting til this morning would be the best choice all around.

Hubby and I decided to take an unplanned car trip yesterday as I was getting amazingly antsy from having been holed up in the house so much lately.

We got some lunch, looked at a house that is being auctioned in our area (just cuz) and then decided to head over to our local Big Lots Store to see what goodies they had.

Jim and I wandered into the home & garden section of Big Lots and were immediately in heaven.
They have a huge display of Tiki Hut/ bar & grille type stuff out.
Now over the last year or two - Jim and I spent an enormous amount of time on sprucing up our teeny tiny back yard into what I think is an adorable picnic area.
We added a great picnic table, several tiki torches, a great fire bowl, etc and all in all I think it came out great. We have had many a late night fire with friends and family just shmoozing the night away.

Back to the point of all this rambling.....As I rounded one of the corners to head down an aisle, my eyes quickly and excitedly noticed this sign for sale..............I knew it would be mine!!!

OH YES FOLKS..... My very own "Monkey Bar and Grill" sign to put in the backyard.
This would be the PERFECT finishing touch to our mini paradise!
Much to my surprise and great happiness...Jim wholeheartedly agreed!

For those of you who don't know.....
Ever since my first Christmas/Hannukah with Jim, I have come to love
ALL THINGS MONKEY.

The story behind my "monkey love" revolves around a certain monkey nightgown that hubby purchased as one of my first holiday gifts. He swears it was the "only" nightgown he could find! The nightgown had a sewn on monkey head right over the "boobala" area. To add to the charm of this nightgown, the monkey's mouth zippered open/shut as well. It was and is something to behold........TRULY!!!!! (almost have to be there I guess)

And before you all go begging & pleading for me to do a SHOW & TELL of said Monkey Nightgown....I think that I want to keep that wonderful gift something just between Jim and I.
I think that would be best....................TRUST ME ON THIS!!!!!

So there you have it.......A great start to our spring/summer season....what could be better than
MONKEY?

MOOD REPORT:



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your find! I used to have a small stuffed gorilla collection, but I don't know what became of it!

I don't collect anything these days, and I do miss the adrenaline rush that comes when you find the 'perfect' addition to your collection.

Kristin said...

How funny...love the sign and the story of the nightgown.

JuliaS said...

I would so love to belly up to your Monkey Bar and Grill! Sounds fabulous!

LOL on the nightgown . . . :0)

Beautiful Mess said...

LOL @ your nightgown! That's GREAT! I love your new backyard sign, it's very cute.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like hubby bought a great present. Big Lots finds are great. I can't wait to do some spring outdoor shopping.

Taylor said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

LOl- I love it and the story that goes with it .. your back yard sounds like a wonderful place to relax I love watching a fire in the evening.

Anonymous said...

very cute sign!

Elizabeth said...

That is AWESOME. :-)