Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sushi Tuesday.......prayers needed!

Here we are again folks....................SUSHI TUESDAY........................the day of the week that I have devoted entirely to all the little things that put a smile on everyone's face~

You know..... like when the cashier doubles your grocery coupon just because OR the when the clerk at Dunkin Donuts makes your coffee with just the perfect amount of sugar and cream without having to ask. Just that perfect little extra special something!

What's YOUR extra special something??????????????????????

.................................................................

My extra special something is my return to my weekly sushi dinner tonight - Thank you KU!!
I missed two weeks in a row due to my hospitalization and subsequent queasy tummy.
This is my first week back and I just have to say that .....I LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!!

..................................................................

It's been a busy week so far and it's only Tuesday - Yesterday I had my follow-up appt. with the surgeon which did not go exactly as I had planned. I had this idea in my head that I would go in there and she would tell me that we could do a small & quick outpatient laparoscopy to fix the problems I was having. Unfortunately my appt. took a very different and unexpected course.

The short version of the story boils down to my cat scan showing some small metal clip-like object deep against my abdominal wall that does not belong there.

When I say it does not belong there, I mean that even with the surgeries that I have had, this object is in a location where it should not be. None of the surgeries would have used a clip like this and any metal objects that were used in my previous surgeries are no where near this area in my belly. So the question that begs to be asked is.........."What the hell is it and where did it come from?" That is the million dollar question.

Unfortunately due to the fact that I have had several surgeries recently, I am not a candidate for laparoscopy so I will have to have yet another "open" surgery to have this removed.

This was most definitely NOT what I wanted to hear and certainly a tremendous amount to wrap my brain around.

I think in the course of a half hour I went through a million different worries and thoughts:
1. OMG - not another surgery/hospitalization
2. What am I going to do about work? Will I lose my job?
3. How in God's name are we going to afford MORE medical bills?
4. Hubby is going to give up on me....enough is enough- he deserves better
5. I want to feel better already...............

And so on............................Now I know much of this was just my brain trying to process the information but I have tell you that by the end of the evening I was just emotionally spent!

Thankfully when I woke up this morning I had a new perspective and much more positive outlook. Not to mention getting to wake up to the most wonderful man and my two fabulous fur children.

I will be going back in for surgery on July 14th and am just praying in the meantime that it will be the last piece in this puzzle that has been my physical health lately.
Anyone out there who has an extra prayer to share - I would greatly appreciate it!

And on the topic of prayers: I am going to send out a very special request to my bloggy friends & family. A dear family friend of ours, Ralph is in end stage liver disease. He is currently up at the Cleveland Clinic being treated and is waiting oh so patiently on the transplant list for his new liver. His condition has been shaky as of late. We are just hoping and praying everyday that he holds out long enough for his miracle to arrive.

Please Please Please keep Ralph and his family in your prayers. It will surely be appreciated.
You can read all about Ralph and his family on THIS site. Thanks in advance!!!

Not much else to share for today - Wishing everyone a great day and fantastic week!

MOOD REPORT:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the kind words you leave on my blog they make my day :-)

I think I'm a simple girl my special thing is a bubble bath and chocolate hehe but I adore Sushi too and those flash drives are fantastic!

I'll be thinking of you hoping that the surgery goes well and you are feeling better real soon.

Praying for Ralphs miracle to come to pass soon soon soon!

Take care xX