Thursday, October 30, 2008

Did I mention I hate the cold?

Welcome welcome,

We actually had our first real snowfall yesterday and I really HATE IT! It did melt almost immediately but I know this is the start of something cold and icky! I am not looking forward to this winter in the least. May it be mild and quick - AMEN!

If you have had a chance to check out the blog, then you might notice that I have been busy tweaking the site. As this is my first foray into designing a site of sorts, I am feeling pretty good about my effort! (pats herself on the back) I hope to add many more pictures and links as soon as possible. I am also really looking forward to getting any feedback or visitors comments as well.

I want to tackle one possibly awkward subject before I go any further.

Some of you have noticed we added a Paypal donate button to the sidebar of our blog. You probably are asking yourself what this is all about. After opening up to friends and family recently about our infertility journey, the inevitable question we get is...
" what can we do to help?"

Our first hope and wish from everyone is that you keep us in your thoughts and prayers. That really means the world to us. Our second wish is for people to talk about this "hush hush" issue. Get the word out and don't be embarrassed about it! Our third wish is for your love and support during this difficult and emotional journey. We need you more than you probably realize!

In order for us to do at least one cycle of IVF w/ICSI it will probably cost us approximately $10,000 to $15,000. We obviously don't have that kind of money on hand and do not want to finance this and put ourselves into a big hole. Jim and I have devoted all of our extra finances to be put away into our IVF fund. We are adding daily to our savings and will continue to do so in hopes of saving enough money as quickly as possible. Time is of the essence due to my aging ovaries and what the doctors like to call my "advance maternal age" - (gotta love that at 37yrs)

That is where the paypal donation button comes in - this is our last wish - if any of you feel you would like to do something a bit more tangible to help us along in our journey - we wanted to give you a quick and easy way to do so.

Please know that whatever you have offer, be it love, support, or donations - we appreciate it all equally! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for joining us on this journey.

No comments: